Download Full Text (841 KB)
The first university catalog.
This school has been founded at the call of God. It is a child of faith and prayer. A Holiness Mission Tabernacle was erected by a few brethren in and around Georgetown, Illinois, in the autumn of 1905. The blessing of the Lord was upon the enterprise, and the spirit was poured out in revival power.
The young people connected with the work felt a call to preach or to labor in mission fields. They needed more education, and this fact impressed upon the minds of the Holiness brethren the urgent need of a Holiness school. The executive board of the Tabernacle work made it a subject of prayer. Elvin Judd in private devotion seemed to be impressed by the Spirit to speak to Brother Edward Richards about purchasing a farm. Even before the Tabernacle board had the burden of a school laid upon them in 1900, Brother Orla A. Nesbitt felt a similar burden, and went as far as Denver, Colorado, looking for a suitable location. When Brother Nesbitt learned of Brother Richard’s proposition to purchase, he joined with him and purchased the adjoining farm on the north for the purpose of building a Holiness School. The two contained 424 acres.
It is their purpose to have an institution at the front in educational facilities and scholastic attainments, and yet to make it a distinctly spiritual school, putting chief stress upon the doctrine of Sanctification as a second definite work of grace, subsequent to regeneration, wrought by the Holy Ghost.
Illinois Holiness University
university catalog, student rules, faculty, courses of study, religious influence
Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Christian Denominations and Sects | Christianity | Higher Education | Religion
University, Olivet Nazarene, "The Illinois Holiness University Catalogue 1909-1910" (1909). Catalog. 1.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 License