Aurora-yearbook (University Archives)The Aurora is Olivet Nazarene University's yearbook, starting in 1914 continuing to the present.
ELAIA (Honors Program)
The Honors Journal of Olivet Nazarene University
The name Olivet comes from Mount Olivet, or the Mount of Olives, a hill outside Jerusalem known in ancient times for its olive groves and which featured prominently in Christ’s life and ministry. Olives have been cultivated for thousands of years and hold rich theological symbolism (the olive branch as a symbol of peace, for instance, or anointing with olive oil). In selecting a name for this journal, we wanted a title that drew upon the symbolism and history in Olivet’s name itself.
ELAIA (el’AYE’ah) is the phonetic spelling of the Greek word for olive. The symbolism is apt in more ways than one: olive trees take years to mature and bear fruit, and the research contained in this journal is likewise the fruit of these students’ years of labor. Like the olive tree, we pray these students continue to grow, cultivate deep roots, and bear the fruits of peace and holiness in all their scholarly endeavors.
GlimmerGlass (University Archives)The GlimmerGlass is the official newspaper of the Associated Students of Olivet Nazarene University and a member of the Illinois College Press Association. The opinions expressed in the GlimmerGlass are those of each writer and are not necessarily held by the Associated Student Council, faculty, administration or students of Olivet Nazarene University.
- Olivet News Volume 1: Numbers 1-11, 1941
- Glimmerglass, GLIMMERGLASS, GlimmerGlass, Volume 1: Number 1,1941 to Volume 76: Number 2, 2016 was published in print and is available here in digitized form.
- From Fall 2016 to 2020 the Glimmerglass was published online only. We are working to create archival access for this born-digital content.
- In 2020 the Glimmerglass was rebranded asThe Olivet Gazette. Read about the original name and rationale for the change.
The Kankakee Daily Journal (University Archives)
In May 2019, the Small family and the Daily Journal provided copyright clearance for the Kankakee Public Library to digitize the microfilm archive of the Daily Journal for the purpose of making it available via the internet to the general public free of charge. The Kankakee Public Library used gift funds and grant support from the Community Foundation in order to digitize the Daily Journal microfilm. Olivet Nazarene University and Benner Library host the archive in their Institutional Repository, Digital Commons @ Olivet.
Copyright clearance covers July 1854 through one year before the current date. However, only the years 1854-2014 have been digitized from microfilm. As time permits, these files are manually combined into issues and added to this website.Issues currently available online are:
- 1920 (Feb)
- 1923 (three issues)
- 1930 - 1931(May 18)
- 1937 (Sep 29)
- 1938 -1939 (May 20, Dec 20-30)
- 1940 (Oct 19)
- 1941 - 1943 (Feb)
- 1944 (Mar 13)
- 1945 (Mar)
- 1946 (Feb)
- 1947 (Aug)
- 1948 (Apr)
- 1949 (May)
- 1956 -1960 (June)
- 1961 - 1962 (May)
- Kankakee Gazette
- Evening Democrat
- Kankakee County Democrat
- Kankakee Daily Gazette
- Kankakee Daily Republican
- Daily Journal
Thank you to the Small Family and the Daily Journal for sharing your treasure with our community.ACCESS
- Scroll down to access scanned files from the microfilm archive.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.
- These .pdf files are large and may require several patient minutes to download, especially for those with a slower internet connection.
- The microfilm collection of Kankakee Daily Journal is housed at The Kankakee Public Library. Microfilm search requests can be made via email to Carol Zoladz at email@example.com. For best results, please provide a month and year date range to be searched.
TYGR: Student Art and Literary Magazine 2018-present (Student Publications)
The Tygr Literary and Art Magazine is a student-run publication at Olivet Nazarene University. Every Semester, the Tygr accepts literary and art submissions to be reviewed and compiled into a book format to be released in April. Choose the year you want to read from the drop-down menu to the left. During the submission process, please note that "Article" refers to both Literary and Art submissions. TYGR: Student Art and Literary Magazine 2018-present.
Please find past issues of TYGR by clicking here